Getting To The Point – Products

Tips That Will Enable You Choose the Best Food for Guinea Pigs

Guinea pigs are tremendous pets and there is need for you as the pet owner to subject these guinea pigs to nutritious diets and foods. Like how to treat yourself and feed on healthy and nutritious diet or food, you should do the same to the guinea pig and ensure that the meals it feeds are all nutritious. Therefore, be concerned about the needs of the guinea pig before you start buying food for the pet. Through this article, you will be able to understand the best guinea pigs food.

Guinea pigs like human beings require vitamin C in plenty but they are not able to produce their own Vitamin C. Their bodies are also engineered in a way that it can’t produce or store Vitamin C and there is need for you to ensure that your guinea pig is getting around 10-30 mg of vitamin C on a daily basis through their food. Failure to feed the guinea pig food rich in Vitamin C, they will end up suffering from scurvy.

The moment you introduce food that’s rich in vitamin C, you are prone of having a healthy and well nurtured guinea pig. However, many people are always unable to determine the most ideal or the best guinea pig food or diet. When it comes to the right guinea pigs food, hay should take 80% of the entire meal. The remaining 20% is for greens, pellets and treats at 15%, 4% and 1% respectively. Where veggies or greens aren’t available and these are the ones that are rich in vitamin C, you should seek an alternative and that’s pellets.

Ardency is required when it comes to choosing the right pellets for your guinea pig. In the marketplace, you will come across pellets with fattening ingredients which aren’t ideal for guinea pigs. There is therefore need for you to avoid buying cheaply sold and flashy pellets. The best pellet bag should not have other things whatsoever. Things like seeds, colorful flakes and nuts amongst others should never be traced on the pellets. There is need for you to eliminate opportunities and chances for feeding your guinea pig with junky food and instead, you need to embrace the nutritious ones.

Where you have made a decision for feeding your guinea pigs pellets, you should employ ardency. Therefore, when buying pellets, ensure to settle for the best quality. A high quality pellets bag will have pellets that are vitamin C and minerals fortified and this will be nutritious to the guinea pigs. There is need for you to consider feeding your guinea pig these pellets but also remember the hay and make sure they have fresh water. Feed the guinea pig an eight of a cup of pellets daily. Subject the guinea pig to greens also.

What Has Changed Recently With Pets?

The Essential Laws of Products Explained